Thursday, February 22, 2024

Attraction: Pekan Nanas

Pekan Nanas (北干那那)

Pekan Nanas (literally meaning Pineapple Town) is a town located in Pontian District, Johor, Malaysia famous for its Pineapple plantation industry. It was Malaysia's largest production base for pineapple planting area. [Source] Pekan Nanas - Wikipedia 

I know this place from my primary school textbook many years ago. Since then, I wondered when I have a chance to visit to this pineapple plantation town. 

This is my 1st time to visit Pekan Nanas on 14/Feb/2024 during my en-route Johor trip with my family. It was a rainy day.

Pineapple Statue

  • Local landmark at Pekan Nanas

Pineapple Museum

  • It was closed on the day I went (14/Feb/2024, Wed). 
  • Closed on Wednesday, Friday & Saturday.

NICTAR PINEAPPLE PARK

  • Admission is RM8/pax, and free for kids under 3 years old. 
  • They offer free sweet natural pineapple juice per paying customer
  • There is a briefing on the farm and types of pineapple planted at the entrance
  • Customer is allowed to tour around the farm at your own leisure (no guided tour)
  • There are also other plants: groundnuts, corn, roselle, sugarcane, radish, sun flowers, etc
  • A mini farm with chicken, duck and turkey, you can feed them with grass on the ground
  • Freshly pluck pineapple fruit available for sale @ RM12/fruit (depends on availability)




  • Award winning idea for the pineapple cap (to protect the fruit from direct sunlight)
  • Total of 13 out of 18 species of pineapples in Malaysia are presented on the plot

No comments: