Sunday, August 15, 2021

DIY Series 18 @ MCO: Stationary Exercising Bike

Nowadays even cycling around the residential area might have high chances of getting Covid19 infection. How about DIY a stationary exercising bike?

Searching online, I've gathered some basic ideas on how to design a custom one for my own use. I've got some plywood that can be utilised for this project.

1) Get ready an electric saw, measuring tools and the plywood.

2) Measure the required dimension based on your bike wheel size and height. Cut the plywood accordingly.
3) Get ready the joints, screws, and nails for parts assembly.
4) Use the power tools to assemble the plywood with screws. I used a hammer and nails for stronger support structure. After assembling, I trimmed certain edges with an electric saw to suit my bike's requirement. Make two U-shape holes to position the bicycle stunt pegs in place.
5) The bicycle is now converted into a stationary exercising bike.

Note: You will need to have these 2 units of bicycle stunt pegs installed at the back wheel of your bicycle.
Example:

Improved: Enhanced the structure strength by adding these:
Improved: Added a 6V dynamo at the rear wheel to create certain resistance / load while generating electricity to the light bulbs at the front and rear.


Exercising on my DIY Stationary Bike 😉

1 comment:

Calvin said...

Haha nice bro ….